Why do people choose to work with you?
- First, it’s a little thing, but it’s important to me and to my clients: I respond. I make it a point to get back to your emails and calls within 24 hours.
- Also, I have personal and professional connections. With lenders, lawyers, investment advisors, research and development firms, grant application firms, insurance brokers. Basically, I cultivate relationships across all service areas to make sure my clients will be able to find a solution for any problem they may have. I see myself as my clients’ Professional Trusted Advisor.
- It’s interesting how this manifests. Clients call me with the most random questions – and it’s because I am always willing to listen and give them my input. For example; last Friday a client called to get my opinion on selling their house and then renting in Toronto; we had a great chat about the pros and cons, personally and financially, of making this decision.
What is your stance on acquiring new clients?
- I don’t chase the almighty $$. I focus on building a relationship with each of my clients. My view is that the money will come when I act genuinely to help my clients grow in their own business and lifestyle.
- When I meet a new client, I always ask them to fill out a net worth assessment and then ask the important question: “what do you want your net worth to be?”. Then I come up with a realistic plan to get them there, whether through my understanding of creating the max value in business holdings, through assisting with acquiring investment real estate properties, through buying property to get them out from renting their commercial space, or through executing other financial planning ideas.
- I play multiple roles with my client. This is why I DO NOT accept every client that calls me. I interview my prospects to really get an in-depth understanding of where they are today and where they want to be. I focus on the value proposition…my job is to get them to their goals.
What is your favourite thing to do with your time outside of work?
- Of course I enjoy spending time with my two kids and wife especially taking my kids to their extracurricular activities such as karate, swimming, gymnastics, and skating.
- I can’t get enough of reading strategic business advisory books.I recently started taking golf lessons – we’ll see how that goes.
- I can’t miss my daily gym visits to release the stress of the day.
- I enjoy going on long drives and finding new parks or trails to go on an adventure.